Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Skipping through Taipei

As I stepped onto the Tarmac away from the bus I was slammed with waves of emotions. [here I snapped this photo of my last rising sun, fitting no?] The waves were probably due to my all nighter at the airport and having far to much time to think about the recent events in Japan. Where I have to add was one of the most socially packed months I've cared to experience in ages. 

I tried my best to sleep on the plane but my thoughts were being really dramatic. As you might have already noticed that I'm dealing with my departure in a very vocal way. (We all have our outlets) You know how it is, make 'everlasting' friendships that changes you as a person...then parting ways seems like one of those unrealistic movie moments where the audenice would say, 'turn back, you do have a choice!' 
I could see Fuji-san as we took off giving me another wave. Though I knew that in 4 hours I'll be arriving in Taiwan. 

Upon my arrival I was greeted several times in japanese (more than 5) where I spoke English to the clerk. 

Jenny get out of the mentality! 

I hopped on the airport bus to the Hyatt hotel where I walked my things to my hostel. Taking a break along the way to soak in the reality of what was taking place. 

Instantly greeted at the bottom of the elevator by a coworker on his way out to pick up lunch. Key obtained, followed by   shower and a wonderfully indepth conversation about where him and his lady should visit in Thailand. 

This was my key reminder where I got all my recent stamina from, all these conversations that plant, water and feed travelers. 
I popped over to the other hostel where I worked for two hours, had another extensive talk about obtaining accommodations and finding english teaching jobs in Taipei. The amount of knowledge, I feel like I'm back to being a spongee. 
Last stop home, a lovely vegetarian meal with a sugar free bubble tea, topped with the latest episode of New girl. 

Next Singapore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment