Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Yoga on Gili Air

In the early morning between 3:30-4:30am the locals do a chant. A song which sounds like a long mantra, then the roosters start there wake up call shortly after their prayers. 
As planned I seeked out a yoga studio and started classes. I found H2O which isn't far from the village and if you stay there you get a discount on the classes they provide. 

Normal classes are 100,000 and 75,000 if you stay in their bungalows. Downside, no internet for the wifi junkies. I bought a package of 4 classes, 90 minute classes (includes meditation as well)  for 350,000 and there is another price if you buy 10.
Once in the morning 9-10:30 and again in the evening from 5-6:30. The yoga classes I was taking in Tokyo was just a renewal for the couple classes at had taken at home. 

Since leaving Japan I have decided to go back to being a full vegetarian and soon I will even try my hand at riding myself of cigarettes (this one is the more troublesome one).  


Vegetarian food here is lovely and I am obsessed with tempe. A pressed and fermented bean, I love natto so this is no surprise tho it's quite different.  

The rest of this week I'll be doing yoga every morning and possibly in the evening. I have been rejuvenated and have found a new love for yoga and meditation. (Been practicing meditation for a solid month now :) I've already looked up studios in Taipei and will be joining the gym shortly after my arrival. My first day of work will be Christmas and this will be my fifth Christmas away from home. Seriously, I can't believe that I have spent five Christmases away!! Each one in a new country China, Vietnam, England, Japan, and now soon Taiwan. I Want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas wherever you are and thank you so much for following me and reading the my travel diary. I love you all Jenny.




No comments:

Post a Comment