Sunday, December 7, 2014

Arrival in Jakarta, Indonesia

My arrival was slow paced with having to buy a visa on arrival. $35US, after I picked up my very Indonesian bus ticket  I was asked to wait for 30 minutes. As I sat and waited I was blown away with the remarkable dividends of notes they had here. 100,000 IDR rupiah = $10 approx (so many useless zeros, they are really unnecessary and quite hard to manage). 

On the bus had really dodgy wifi but as the wifi junkie I was quite thankful. The ride itself was just over an hour but I am sure it would have been much worst has it been rush hour. 
Managing a tuk tuk, a motorbike or a taxi from Gambir station was easier than I thought. In less than 10 minutes I was at the hostel. I had to negotiate a little shouldn't have to pay more than 25,000 rupiah, I tipped him a dollar and he was ecstatic.

Check-in at 'Six Degrees' wasn't until 2pm so let's try to get food and have some down time. saddened by the fact I didn't even utilize the pool table nor the movie room, I will at the next place if it's available. 
At the front desk was a very helpful piece of paper that had words for food in Indonesian. I went across the street and put the words to the test. 
This plate of noodles and a water cost me 19,000IDR = $1.90 so that ain't something I can complain about. Finally time to get a bed. The 10 bed dorm room was quite cramped but I didn't expect much less. Either way nap time. 

1 comment: