Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Arrival in Don Khon island

So after my bike ride I went to hunt down some cereal and fruit. After strenuous time explaining what soy milk is, 35 minutes later I got my food. For little to no preparation it took a hell of a long time, I don`t know what I am going to do when I get back to Canada and the service is prompted. Tipping really does get you good service. 45 minutes and asking three times I finally got my water; it took another 20 minutes to get the bill.

So Karrie and I have decided that Dondet is the slowest place on Earth where time really does stand still.
At noon we were on a boat to Don Khon this took about 20 minutes in a long motorized boat, this island is much bigger and has a waterfall that we plan to bike to tomorrow. I believe that the dolphins are on an attached island south west to this particular island.

We have a beautifully clean bungalow in comparison to the one we stayed at on Dondet and it is only 10,000 kips more than the last one.  It is right on the river literally there is water under our bungalows! I wish that we had hammocks here; during our stay here I just have to find a place around the corner to find a good napping hammock to hang out in for one of the afternoons here.

For lunch Karrie had the best thin crust cheese less individual pizza I have ever had, i had the best salad rolls i think I have ever tasted with the best peanut, spicy sweet sauce I have ever dipped anything into. Everything on our food was just so darn fresh. 


With 7 more days in Laos I think this is a good way to end our stay in this country. I am super excited about going to Cambodia! There are some beaches I hope we can make it to there and then up the coast of Vietnam before we make our triumphant return to Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment