Saturday, November 6, 2010

Leaving Vang Vieng II

Yesterday was our 3rd day of tubing, seriously I think that is more than enough times for us. Vang Vieng I find is a place that a lot of people just get stuck in, so much fun, sun, great scenery free drinks and good people!

Later on that evening I joined a pool tournament and got 7th place out of 20 (side note: I was the only girl that was competing) 1st won a case of beer Lao, 2nd won a bottle of vodka and 3rd won a bottle of whiskey. To be honest I didn't want any of it. So the game goes you have 3 life lines and every time you miss or have a foul you lose a life line and you have to take a shot of Lao Lao. After several shots of Lao Lao I wasn't feeling well at all.

Again it is time to say good bye to another city we have come to love and enjoy during our travels. When the time comes I will write a review of what places I would recommend to others that travel through South East Asia.





Our Visas are all ready to go! So tomorrow we hop on a bus at 1:30pm to Vientiane 5:30-7:30pm will be dinner/bus switching time. Onto a big sleeper bus at 7:30pm for 16 hours...and we will head on south towards the 4000 islands to enjoy great sunsets and  hammocks. Give our body some time to recuperate and lay off the drinking.

For dinner today I tried Laap (spicy minced meat/tofu with sticky rice) I thought it was quite good I figured I should try more local food while I am in Laos.
We are sad to leave but it is time to move on and continue our wonderful life changing journey.

2 comments:

  1. Love what's written on your shoulder/arm!! Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My arm says: "I won't go down in history but I will go down on your sister."

    ReplyDelete