Monday, November 15, 2010

Leaving Laos

During my stay in Laos (Vientiane, Vang Vieng, Luang Prabang, Dondet and Don Khon)I have been able to open up my perspective of SE Asian culture.

Something about this country that leaves me at awe all the time with landscape, scenery, the people and much more that I cannot find the right words to explain to the full extent of what I am feeling towards Laos.

There is so much more of Laos that I want to see, I am sure I will be back again in the future and cover more ground.

Today I had a wonderfully fresh fruit platter and Lao Pho. It isn’t the same as what I will get in Vietnam but it was darn tasty.

We went back to the RiverGarden to eat our last plate of spring rolls and pizza, this meal has left us full and satisfied everyday that we have been here.

After our meal today we told the lady/cook/waitress that her food was amazing, thanked her and told her that we were leaving tomorrow. She stopped us after we paid for the bill. Karrie thought we were going to get some food to take with us on the road or something along those lines. Instead she comes out with tiny pink strings (bracelets) she told us that they were from a temple and she wished us good luck on our travels. This lady did this in such a way that I felt sentimental for the rest of the evening. I know that every time I look at that bracelet it will remind me of good times, good food and exceptionally hard working families running small restaurant that pizza/salad rolls that were to die for.

“Khawp jai lai lai”

I am sad to leave a place with malevolent sunsets, breath taking backdrop and friendly locals.

Good bye Laos. [I will be back]

Tomorrow we will get on a bus/boat/bus at 8am and be in Ban Lung at 4pm!




No comments:

Post a Comment