Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Biking around Don Khon

With the lack of internet and buckets I find it easier to get in to gear with working out. Karrie and I set off after breakfast this late morning we were off to see the waterfall on our bikes.

The waterfall was amazingly breath taking I don’t think I have ever seen one like this before. I have seen quite a few waterfalls in my life and this one by far has been the best one I have laid my eyes on.


We saw a sign for a beach so off to the beach! When we arrived on the beach there was only one person reading her book soaking in the sun. I wanted to soak in some rays but with the biking I was ready to overheat at any minute. Plus this beach was the smallest beach I have ever seen.



Next on the list was the dolphins, we has some mis leading information since we believed that we would be able to bike up a harbour or something equivalent to that so we could see some dolphins. Instead after a strenuous ride we made it to another beach much bigger than the last but still small by my books. They wanted to usher us onto a long boat, the price was high by my recent boat experiences, plus we were hungry. So it went something like we get on a long boat for 90,000kips and then the boat you over to the Cambodia border on the other side there you are suppose to see some dolphins. I don’t know how I feel about seeing dolphins in the dirty Mekong River. Are dolphins the same everywhere in the world?


JENNY’S RECOMMENDATION: So back into town,  to the River Garden restaurant , owned by and ran by one awesome Lao lady) that we went to for our thin crust fresh veggie pizza and THE BEST SALAD ROLLS I HAVE EVER TASTED. The reason that it is capitalized is that everyone should go to this quaint and very friendly riverside restaurant even for a second if you are ever on Don Khon! (Location: in front of the ‘Village of Don Khon’ sign)

So after biking for 3 hours, we are ready to relax while we listen to Bob Marley and enjoy the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment