Monday, November 8, 2010

The silence is bellowing

I feel lost right now, not in space because I know where I am on the map but in time. We have been here for a matter of hours and I feel like we have been here doing nothing forever.  Something here is almost like a stand still driving me to either be lethargic or restless. Or as Karrie says ‘both’, can you be both? All you can hear the birds and wild animals run around, construction with small amounts of chatter around us. Okay, so we said that we wanted something more relaxing to get things done ie. Read a book, make our stop motion animation or even just sit around and talk while we live in a hammock. Now that we have it, I don’t know what to do with myself. Since the power goes out in 5 hours I find myself thinking what the hell a night owl/insomniac is suppose to do.

I can’t say that I don’t miss the tubing, buckets, meeting tons of awesome energetic people and watching the drunken hustle and bustle of Vang Vieng’s party life thriving everyday from our 3rd floor balcony, not entertaining. There isn’t anything like that here...nothing but time to waste.
I have to say that I think we will be making our move to the east islands towards the path that leads to Cambodia sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment