Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Life in Koh Samet 1.0

Sunday: We trekked through some of the woods to get to the other beaches. It was surprisingly easy to get there so after about 45 minutes from Ao Cho we made it to the main part of the island.

Ao Nuan is a very small and more secluded beach not as much as Ao Cho but it is bigger.


Ao Tubtim is a much bigger beach on the other side of the overly populated area of Koh Samet. There were some very tan people and I found that the bungalows here were higher end looking and were built to western standards. They had sprinklers on their lawns with freshly trimmed flower bushes next to the very angular cement paths leading to western looking bungalows.

Ao Phai is filled with tourists!!! So overly populated I guess that it is high season here, the beach was packed. It was nice to see the old beach that we were staying on when Karrie, Niky and I were in Thailand last time.


We picked up some groceries (loaf of bread, peanut butter, jam, bananas and oranges) it is a good way to save money when we have munchies.

Monday: I woke up at the wee hours of noon, to find that my favorite shirt from Vietnam is gone. I don't know where I lost it :( I do however love making PB&Js to start off my day. I sat on the pier today got some sun, read 20 chapters of my book, soaked in some sun and ran into some odd occurrence on the pier.

I found toast on the pier and then I ate some of it.

Tuesday: Woke this morning made sure things are good with my mom meeting me in China, I can't believe how excited I am to see her. It feels like it has been ages since I have seen her face since she doesn't have a webcam or even knows where to begin how to use one correctly. I miss her cooking, her smell even the way she lectures me. I can't believe how much closer I feel towards her since I have left abroad. She has accumulated some things for me to bring to London since I will be going through a big climate change, not as bad as at home. I heard today that there is more snow at home than ever. Suckas!

Today I ordered an omelet and after waiting for about an hour to find out that they had forgotten my food order. I think it will be a pleasant surprise when I start experiencing things with customer service as underlying business front on top of quality.

Off to Ploy Bar to get our friend Danielle her first bucket in Thailand and a hooka (Apple shesha is good).After having our chicken Cordon blue and a tuna steak like the good old days. We watched the new revised version of the their fire show with their 11 Thai Chocolate fire men. Everything was the same but different, it was like we were reliving the past. People remembered us, and Gai from the tattoo shop even remembered our names.

So I will be getting touch ups from Gai and maybe even new ink depending if I can think of anything else to get.



As for odd things I have learned this evening is *drum roll* I love 'Flare bar-tending' I am officially going to get some lessons from the fire flare bartender. Woop Woop. I think spinning staff would be more my style but I like the fact that I can practice it while I am here. If I get good enough I might even post a video, if not at least the people on the beach are laughing at me dropping an empty bottle over and over again.

3 comments:

  1. Sigh.. how I miss that island.. and you gals..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I just stumbled upon your blog and the first thing I see is a cute girl randomly eating toast on a pier~! Day.Made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Limo, I never saw this message but this compliment made my day.

      Delete