Sunday, January 30, 2011

Last of Koh Samet

Saturday: Karrie and I went out to Buddy's Bar and Grill I believe is the name of the joint. I had the best cheeseburger I have eaten in what feels like years. With baileys on the rocks, they even played Newton Faulkner.

Sunday: We are back in Tattoo's by Gai, Karrie is getting the last of her tattoo done. We are leaving on Tuesday back to Bangkok for what it is now the 5th time in my life. It will be nice to get the last of my things done there. Then we finally make a move again boarding a plane and off to Hong Kong.

I didn't think that it was going to feel quite like this on Koh Samet, I think I had higher expectations for the island due to the last experience. Things have been pretty stagnate on the travel front since we have arrived. I have been meaning to build a sand castle and head to Koh Chang but just never getting enough ambition to do anything. I don't feel quite as rejuvenated as I was hoping I was going to with this part of my trip ending. I guess I am just waiting on a huge scenery change from Asia all together. Luckily I will get that soon enough.

I did however talk to a girl about teaching in Italy and have put it under consideration. I plan to look into it more at a later date, but who knows I might have to just head on home when my money runs out. I am really enjoying the fact that I don't have any 'real' plans as of yet. Just going with the flow.

The good-byes at Gai's tattoo shop was more emotional than I thought it was going to be. Saying good-bye to Gai and the boys there, we made some fantastic memories. It feels like a second home.

 Here is my nostalgic video from Koh Samet.

Monday: this is our last day and night on  the island, we head off to the pier tomorrow. Off to BKK, then off to Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment