Saturday, January 15, 2011

Arrival on Koh Samet

After our 4 hour bus ride and a 30 minute ferry ride we finally made it to the island. We booked a room through the travel agency for 700 baht a night split three ways. When we came through the main area of the island I was having flash backs of when we were here last time. I remember saying that we were going to be back in a year now it has been over 3 years but we have finally made it back. The sand is still soft as ever...

Unknowingly we planted ourselves quite a ways from the main part of the island.  Ao Cho is the beach that we are staying at for the week until we decide to move to the more populated area after. I did some art and reading on the beach today but for some reason it just doesn't compare to my favorite reading spot in the world on Ao Haad Thian. Something about sitting up there on the side of the mountain over looking the ocean waves really brings peace to my soul.

Last night I sat on the pier watching locals set of huge lanterns with kerosene appearantly they do this everywhere in Asia. I have seen this in China, Loas and now Thailand.

So a new update for the people that have been following my travels, Jenny is going to the UK!!!! After Hong Kong. It will be one hell of a change after spending over a year and a half in Asia, culture shock I am ready for you.



Spaceman ice cream

Off to the moon
Small update: Jenny is thinking about studying abroad I have started working on gathering my information from all my post secondary Education facilities. Yes I am currently thinking about all my options I very well might try to get a working visa somewhere but I don't think I want to give up teaching. I really love teaching! So the plan is if I cannot study abroad I will look for a teaching gig somewhere in Asia once again.Who knows I am so ADD I might just end up riding a horse to the moon after it is all said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment