Monday, July 4, 2011

Visa Process

This is in regards to the UK Visa, so after meeting up with the WorldBridge Personel downtown hidden away in a building (which use to be my high school). They took visa pictures for me since mine were to small making me look like a serious terrorist.

I hate photos on the spot :(

There is an upside to future applicatants that I didn't know about that I will share with you. That this particular company will do your biometrics for you, instead of doing what I did. (I went down to the RCMP of Alberta and got biometrics done for $90 when I didn't have to, also wasting an entire day doing this and having to take time off work when I should have been working.)
Dear Applicant,
Please be advised that an Entry Clearance Officer has reviewed your application.  The Entry Clearance Officer has assessed that your application must be referred to the Home Office in the UK in order to make further checks.

This process can take up to 15 workings days for most non-settlement applications.  Settlement applications may take longer.

Please note a decision will be taken based on the documents you have submitted.

Sincerely,

BG

VISA SERVICES - OTTAWA
UK BORDER AGENCY
 I'm pretty sure it was terrorist photos that are hindering my application process. : / It says on the website that it might take up to 50 days! *tear*

4 comments:

  1. How long did it take for you to get your visa after this?
    I got the same email, but I think it's because I didn't provide sufficient documents. I'm worried sick now!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did they say in the email that your visa application had been accepted or anything? Or did you not find out until your passport got in the mail. I just got an email, but the only thing it says is that it is being shipped out to me.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it will say within the email that it will be shipped out. I got it the next day. I hope you get it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete