Sunday, July 17, 2011

Motion Notion - Sunday & Monday

Sunday seemed like an early start but there was some serious napping that took place in the evening. I think I woke up at about 11pm. Which was fine since I made it down to the main stage for Shpongle he played a 2 hour set. I danced and danced it was what the doctor ordered, when his set was finished we meandered to the other stages. The smaller chill space was playing ambient to dubstep for most of the evening from what I could tell. Out in the woods was more of a funk set....but all I could hear is bass rattling my many organs.
The butterfly that Danny and I painted.

In action in black light,

Shpongle!


One of the many mind blowing pieces of art displayed at the main stage.

Time to eat some delicious ginger snaps (they were the tastiest ginger snaps I think I have ever had! Oh the sugary chewy goodness --YUM)

From there I headed back to my friend Chris's camping site where a handful of my friends were all camping together. On our way back to the main stage the sky started to light up, at first I thought that it was a strobe light; it was not. A storm was a brewing, from there I ran back to camp to figure what to do with our tent (fyi: our tent didn't have a tarp) So after trying to decide what to do, I had to move over to the camp next to us and untie and move the tarp over our tent in the middle of the night. Now I believe this was about 5:30am in the morning, had a bite of pasta before crawling into bed.
The Woods.


I was woken up at about 9am to pack up the tent so we would be ready to leave. Danny was sun burnt (probably obtained some sun stroke on top of that) and wasn't in the most pleasant of moods due to his many inflicting illnesses. The girls were no where to be found....

Needing a lot more sleep I arose to pack up our entire campsite by myself with little to no assistance. After tetris'in all our things in the car I was irritated by the lack of help. Who was I to judge, I could have very well just ran off. Now that I think about it I totally should have...teehee.

Finally, the girls were located on the beach now back to the vehicle. I think we departed about 12:30pm. We decided to follow my friend to Entwistle for some breakfast before driving back into Edmonton. This town has about 500 people and only three restaurants! Before we could do that we had to fix a metal piece that had semi-detached itself from the bottom of the car due to the huge pot holes on the way in. We tried our best to duck tape it to the car, 5-10 minutes into the drive out the piece just fell off. At least that saved us from listening to the rickety sound that would have eventually drove us to the edge of insanity.

Breakfast was what I needed I didn't think that I was that hungry but I mowed down all my food, now back to the city.

We made it home roughly after 3pm, since I drove home with out putting up a fuss I delegated the work of unloading the car to the rest of the crew. I felt better that I didn't have to do anymore work. It was all worth it in the end!

Motion Notion was sure hard on the body I am exhausted beyond belief. I think I need to rest for a week to catch up. I would love to come back to Motion Notion in the future it was a blast to see so many good people in one place celebrating music and nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment