Friday, October 3, 2014

Learning about Taipei

Again I slept in really late and got up in the early afternoon hours. I got ready and picked up a bubble tea. (Green tea with passion fruit and no sugar) I loved how many options they have and I am sure that I will buying more of them during my stay through out Taiwan.

From there we headed off to find some lunch,  we picked up freshly made green onion cakes and then straight to a dumpling restaurant. We got 15 dumplings for only 90TWD = $3.60 split three ways :) 
We decided yesterday that we would take the cable car up to the tea house and then maybe head to a traditional Taiwanese play. 

First stop the subway station, after figuring out the Tokyo subway station the one in Taipei one was super simple to navigate! We bought a subway card for 100TWD and topped it up. We're all ready to start exploring! 

I love how we can use our subway cards for the gondola. At the cable cars they have the option for crystal cars (see through floors) for the same price but the wait was immense.
We decided against going to the show and hit up another night market (shilin) to see what they have. There are lot more people and stalls here and I found that you can get hustled very easily. Got to learn how to haggle better. Lesson for the day: Watch out for fruit ladies that are faster than you. 
Expensive tea houses at the top of the mountain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment