Saturday, October 4, 2014

Yehliu and Jiufen (Spirited away village)

I joined the Saturday day trip with the hostel and a bunch of us went out to the Geopark in Yehliu. We caught the metro and then an hour long bus.

Nature's art can be found everywhere, it is always an eye opener when you have a chance to just walk into something that you weren't quite prepared for.

80TWD gets you into this ocean side sight were the rocks will instantly make you tilt your head.

Next stop Jiufen (The inspiration for the movie Spirited away) if you haven't already watched it you should. A classic! Here is the trailer.


I was blown away with how many people were there since it is National week in China. Really should have known better when taking this trip but then again it would have been busy anywhere I went.

First the street with all the food, it was swarming with people buying things on both sides of me and a single file line shuffling in both directions. As we already know it is really important to keep your eyes on the road.

I mean when you are aiming to get somewhere you should get caught up in all the flashy sales. It is really hard to avoid all the delicious looking food stalls with all the specialty foods of the local area.
As soon as I saw this I was blown away, like literally. It is a real place upon a mountainside! The little girl inside me screamed then I fell asleep watching the movie. I think I will watch it again this evening as well. A real place come to life, now I know why Hayao Miyazaki fell in love with it and was so inspired. If I go missing you can find me in a hostel here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment