Thursday, October 2, 2014

Jenny In Taipei

I woke up after an epic sleep of 11 hours. talk about insomniac making up for lots time. Either way my old roommate the Korean girl moved out before I could even say good bye. Two new people moved into the room and they are both here to stay for a couple of days. We all instantly hit it off and became friends I was really pleased that I could converse with both of them in different languages.

The girl is from Shenzhen and I could speak in Cantonese with her and the boy is from Kyoto, I can keep using my Japanese. From there we decided to head on out to grab lunch and they were able to pick up prepaid internet sim cards which go for really cheap here. 300TWD for a week or 800TWD for 15 days unlimited. I would have liked to take advantage of this but I cannot since I don't have a sim card slot on my ipod. It just means I spend less time on the internet and that I can just wander and get lost a little easier.

We walked all the way to the tower 101, where we found out that you would have to pay 800TWD which is about $24CAD I think that is a lot. So we opted out and I dragged them to the shopping market next door. After we made it in I couldn't believe how boring this shopping mall was. Though there was an upside that is there was a rooftop that we could have some photo opts on!
Yay roof top! 
We hopped back into the taxi which only costed us 
$3 split three ways, this really is nothing. I am super impressed that all taxis in Asia are so cheap excluding Japan.


I hit up the night market and even made a video!
From there I went to a couch surfers event where no one greeted us and the drinks were super expensive. Earlier today I was invited to a club called Hive in Taipei, Thursday nights is ladies night and girls drink for free. As long as you keep your cup with you, you can just stand in the line and get a refill. Over and Over again. Either way, I have quite a bit of sight seeing tomorrow so we wandered home and grabbed more street food before the night was over. Until tomorrow. Have a wonderful evening everyone. It is time for this kitty to get some rest. If you want to see more food pictures you can find it on facebook, click here!

1 comment:

  1. the view from elephant mountain, just beside Taipei 101, is the best (and free!!)
    I've been here 6 years and never forked over the $$ to go up 101...

    ReplyDelete