Saturday, October 4, 2014

A day in Tamsui, Taiwan

Today I got to meet some old friends from Tokyo, they are two of the sweetest girls from Taiwan. I was overjoyed that I could see them soo soon. You know sometimes when you say good bye to people and you are worried that you will never see them again. This didn't play true this time. I have a long list of people to visit but at least I got to get together with these two fabulous ladies.
I took the metro for an hour and met them at Tamsui which is next to a river on the north east side of Taiwan. Here we got to walk along the river and they were kind enough to ask all my questions about Taiwanese food. I sure have a lot of questions. Either way, we went and visited the first hospital, the oldest temple and a church. I learned a little later that the Spanish arrived and made a little settlement in Taiwan. Either way we visited Fort Santo Domingo and I got a chance to learn about the history of Tamsui.
When we made it to the end of the walk way we got on the bus to The Fisherman's Wharf.
Julie and I at the temple, making wishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment