Monday, October 6, 2014

Elephant Hill, Memorial Hall and Longshan Temple

I met a girl in the hostel from Austraila last night and we wanted to go sight seeing, just winging it really. We talked about all the possible places we could visit.

Started off the day with some fresh tropical fruit which always makes me happy. I can't think of a better way to bring in a new day of adventure.

We got on the train and make it to the last station where we meandered around until we made headway on which direction we should be going. From there we climbed up a flight of starts to the half way point I want to say about 250m and then one more time making it a total of 500m.

At the summit we were able to take some photos and even make a video for everyone. Again I am sorry that the video is the wrong direction. We took the long way down and we were off to the next stop after I grabbed my coffee.


We had really good timing because when we arrived at the memorial hall the ceremony of the guards changing was about to happen. It is done ever hour on the hour and they made a very big display of it. I didn't take a video because I couldn't be fussed to squeeze into the crowd but you can see it at any memorial hall in Taipei.

Last stop before home was the Longshan temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment