Thursday, September 1, 2016

Week 5 of Swing Summer: Revelstoke

Sometimes I think to myself how do I end up in these places? I haven't been here before minus the one time I stopped through to say goodbye and drive on home from Summer Kamp. That was way back in the day after Canada long weekend as some of you may have remembered. I had secretly hoped that there would be some higher power that would lead me back here.

You know it was just one of those moments that had planted a seed in your mind as a prelude to a supernatural story where everyone in the story is just blown away from the miraculous events that had to take place for this tale to have any value. A true story worth telling but who doesn't like telling people a really good story when you are a part of it as well.
To be entirely honest I have fallen so far behind with my writing, we are officially into the new year. I used to be so good about keeping up with them, but when you are living at home you forget even the smaller journeys within your home country are still good ones. (I will be keeping up with the blog since I have lots to catch up on and lovely photos to share. In addition to my usual end of year reflection so let's play catch up together)
The journey out to Revelstoke wasn't very long, now I that I try to think back to it all I can remember is a Greyhound and a hard pressed run around to get onto that damn bus. Heather, Adam and I at least got a in a nice French dinner; I had the duck. Funny what you remember of your trip when you are trying to do your best to think waaay back.

Short story: I was having a smoke break while we switched buses in the midst of some transfer point and a guy in a white truck approached me asking for weed. I politely declined and this guy decided that he wanted to have a superficial conversation early in that morning. I mentioned that I was from Edmonton and he quickly offered to drive me there because low-n-behold he is going there too. -.-Giving me the option of not riding the bus, wait wait wait a min... Do I want to get into a truck with a stranger and abandon my paid ticket to hang out with this dude for 10 hours and end up who knows where.....UGH...NO THANKS....does that work? Girls out there stay smart!
The summer continued on wards in Revelstoke and surrounding areas that I have never been to. The weather was beautiful and life was running smoothly, I was powered by the 4 weeks of Vancouver West Coast Life. My first day included Begie Waterfalls and bumbling around on the beach :) Followed by some Native art, jam sessions and walking in the rain. Ideal no?
Don't forget suspension bridges, hot pools, a random game of darts and electric unicorn beers. The last day was some quick family jams, beach parks and hang gliding cliffs. <3
I got on a bus after a 6 days venture off course but I love them oh so much. They are the more rewarding just because past Jenny couldn't predict it happening. Which is exactly the way I like it. Thanks for reading if you made it this far. I think I will write another blog very very very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment