Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Pingxi Climb

Third time is the charm, the first time I tried to go it was pouring rain, the second time I didn't want to go alone and finally I had someone to climb the mountain with.

I had to after my friends told me all about it, they rambled on about the incredibly stunning view that resided in the Pingxi district.
Okay, they were right...the climb was a bit arduous for my wee smoking lungs but after some whinging and whining I made it to the top of the peaks.

I don't usually do two takes but I think the second one is better. 

We stopped off at the lantern town where you can scribble your wishes with a calligraphy pen. There are many different colours and they all represent some significance.

It was really nice to just go out and experience something new. This was a wonderful day with steep hills, ladders and questionable steps.

I would highly recommend anyone who likes an outdoor climb to go there. It doesn't cost much from Taipei either. I used my 'Easy Card' to get to Taipei Main station hopped on the next local train to Raifung and then the Pinxi line (return is 60NT)


No comments:

Post a Comment