Thursday, January 13, 2011

Finally heading to Koh Samet

Karrie and I have been talking about going back to this place since we left 3 years ago. Now we are finally going back today we leave our guest house in Bangkok at 2pm and we should be arriving at about dinner time. I can't believe that I am going back, I am really excited to see if it has changed at all. I remember it was a piece of heaven on Earth I don't say this often, I hope that it is how I remember it to be.

It will be like reliving the past one last time but I am a completely different person now with the same outer shell.

First off I had only planned to travel until my (Sept 26 2010- Feb 1 2011) birthday now that I think about it my birthday is only 12 days away. We have decided to extend our stay so we can make it into Hong Kong for Chinese New Years with my mother and grandma.This extends my travels until Feb 10th.

There were tentative plans for me to travel through China one last time before I headed home back to Canada. (Feb 10th- March 24th-ish) When I return to Canada I had lined up a teaching job in Luo Yang for August 2011 and now that has become something of a lost dream, since the Chinese management and all the bull shit. I'm now unsure if that China is the country that I want to go back and teach at. This job could have been my dream job while I did my correspondence for my Bachelor of Education and would have had the opportunity to teach art and apply for the extra curricular activity coordinator position.

It seems like all those plans fell through and now there isn't much driving me in any specific direction.

There was talk of Malaysia after the new years when we were in Koh Phangan but we decided that we would want more time for something as spontaneous as that. I love the fact that I can talk about going anywhere and it very well can be a reality.

My mother wants me to travel through Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Gulin and Yunann China....to be honest I think I have spent enough time in China.

Right now I am waiting to talk to someone before I take my next step forward in my random journies after Hong Kong....

Live the dream.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny :) I can't wait for you to Visit the ol' island again!! Tell Gai and the crew I say hi!! I hope it is as beautiful as when we all left in 2007!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out our Full Moon Party pics
    www.fullmoonparty-packages.com

    ReplyDelete