Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tattoo Day 2!!!

A while back I was looking at my wrist tattoos (the ones that say music) well I started to hate the fact that they weren't exactly how I wanted them. So 3 years ago I had gone to Koh Samet in Thailand. I went to shop called Tattoo by Gai.

I actually met Gai at the bar and he asked me why I had only one wing done. (I also have wings on my back) I shamefully replied that I wasn't happy with the artist work and I wasn't going back in the chair until I found a tattoo artist that could fix it for me. I know that a lot of tattoo artists don't like to finish someones work...but Gai was like come to my shop I will finish it for you. About 6 hours later I was a fully fledged flying angel. Instead of being one winged and flying in circles.

Now I am on Koh Samet again, he fixed the wrists tattoo for me and now I love them ever so much. More than I could have ever imagined, they are just well perfect. :)

Three years ago Karrie and I got tattoos together these bamboo tattoos on the beach. I have some how out grown mine over the years not saying that I regret it, I would have been fine just having the tattoo as is. Gai said you want it fixed or you want something over it? Seeing as I am one for getting more ink when given the opportunity I started thinking up ideas.

I remembered that there was a point in my life when I wanted to get cherry blossoms, the Japanese believe it is a metaphor for the ephemeral nature of life. They also believe that they are an omen of good fortune and is also an emblem of love and affection. The best part of what the Japanese believe is that falling cherry petals came to represent sacrifice and that fallen solders are reincarnated as a cherry blossom. The symbolism to this particular tree is easy to relate to.

The compass was another thing that I had wanted to get tattooed, since this journey has started I have found myself wondering what direction I am going. Sooner than later I realized that it doesn't matter where I am I will always be me under the sun. So I have incorporated the compass with no needle inside the sun.





When I have more time I will tell you what all the other tattoos I have mean.

I can't believe how beautiful it is already. Thank you Gai.

No comments:

Post a Comment