Monday, November 15, 2010

Walking to Cambodia

So today was a long day, at 7:45am after a terrible breakfast we boarded a long boat. 20 minutes later we arrived at Ban Nakasang (the docking area), saw a lady loading live poultry onto her motorcycle.

I believe we arrived at about 9am we ended up waiting for about an hour before our mini bus came to pick us up to take us to the border crossing.

About 10:30am at Voen Kham we went through departure we got charged $2US to leave Laos.

The best part about this particular part of this was that there was about a 5 minute walk between boarders. So technically we were nowhere, purgatory or in two countries at once. I felt like this would be only place I have been to where I could call myself an outlaw.

To get through the Cambodia arrival we had to another $2US. Now we were in Dom Kralor...on this side I needed to exchange my Canadian dollars for American or Cambodian Reil.

When I asked the money exchange guy, he replied with “What is Canadian?” HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW ABOUT CANADA?!

So it was about 11am we waited for about another hour before we boarded our pseudo air conditioned double decker bus.

So as I was passed out, the bus broke down apparently. There was something was leaking out of the back of the bus, everyone got out of the bus and waited for about 35mins. (I slept through the whole thing, I only know that this happened because Karrie told me when I woke up)

We later on pulled over at the side of the road next to some bushes for people to go to the bathroom. I am not use to this method of expelling your insides.

Due to a muck up at the Vang Vieng travel agency our Vietnam visa expires 10 days before we have to leave Cambodia. *tear* so our time in Cambodia has been cut short by 10 days unless we can figure a way to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment