Thursday, April 17, 2014

En route to Sweden

This might be really random if you haven’t spoken to me recently since you might think wasn’t Jenny in Japan? Don’t worry I’ll be going back but as you know I have very itchy feet that needs to walk new grounds. With enough motivation I am always ready to travel more to unknown locations. You already know that it always a good idea to head out of your comfort zone.

Here it is folks! Across the continent I go. The route itself isn’t difficult as long as you have the patience.

I travelled from Higashi Nakano to Narita Airport taking a total about 2 hours. Luckily for me I was able to hop on local trains and save myself some money. (1500yen for the local route or you can take the skyliner from Nippori taking 50 minutes but costs about double the price. I’m sure that this will be the route that I will take on my way home.) Through security, checked-in, shuffled passed immigration and security again , it went really quickly I think I made it through everything with no hassle or line ups in about 20 minutes. That actually be a world record! Then I boarded my flight to Dubai 11.5 hours later I was at one shiny airport with a lot of elevators and escalators. (I have to mention I go the whole row of seats to myself and I was able to lie down and get about 5 hours of rest!) The weather was a nice improvement, 28C  in Dubai… it about about 16C when I left Tokyo. I had a 4 hour lay over and one very quick security check and no immigration to do a transfer. 6.5 hours later  I made it to Stockholm where I stood in a line up and realized that there is no wifi here. Oh well. I was able to self check in for my next flight and dropped off my bag and went outside for a smoke. The weather here is 10C and it really reminded me of home.

I walked through Sky City and was reminded of many places I had been before! Of course all the main chains, places that I haven’t seen before. There was even a WHsmiths, that was a blast from the past. I found that the food at the airport seemed really expensive when I did the conversion in my head. FYI 100yen = $1CAD = 6SEK. Why is a sandwich and a bottle of water 99SEK? I don’t think I read that wrong.

The last flight was with Norwegian, there were no complaints about this flight since it was a really short one. About the same distance from Vancouver to Edmonton, except this airline has wifi on the plane. Woohoo go bringing wifi in the sky. Made it all the way to the north of Sweden, Lulea. Phew a couple more buses and I’m done with transport for a little while. Safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment