Friday, April 18, 2014

What happened in Sweden?

I procrastinated on writing a blog on Sweden for many months now, I went in April for Easter for a little over 3 weeks. (It is now September) Damn, Jenny get your act together!

I am going to correctly assume that there are a handful of people who was like, "huh. Jenny's in Sweden?" Not saying it usual nor unusual because who knows what that is anymore. I myself, wasn't entirely sure 'what' I was doing, I went on a whim a serious leap of faith.

Who doesn't like standing on top of a building and leaning over the edge whilst thinking... if I jump, will I survive?

There is the undeniable thrill in chasing a dream and most of all seeing it through. This tingling sensation that whatever is going to happen next is going to blow your mind. As you may already know, I am one to always follow my heart over any logical thinking. A being that believes there is no time to waste, don't linger on the idea too long because it might lose that luster and you might regret it later. Which is MY biggest fear, missing an opportunity.

The passion is what drives me to travel and keep embracing changes that is thrown my way. Not only am I catching them at an unimaginably quick rate recently, I am molding my inner self to be a better person each and everyday. A tough job. Practice makes perfect.

If you have read this much, you are probably wondering 'when is Jenny going to talk about Sweden?' Don't worry I will. Just making sure I am in the right mindset to share something very personal with everyone and that I get the words down correctly.

*drum roll*

After a full days worth of travel, transferring in Dubai I finally made it to Stockholm to grab a quick coffee before hoping on my last flight to Lulea.

I am immediately greeted at the airport with a lovely sign (this is first for me) and a grand smile. Over a coffee at the airport while we waited for the bus into town, there was a rehash of the disbelief of my actual presence in the country. I really wanted to pinch myself several times to make sure that I wasn't having some insane outer body psychedelic lucid dream.

Okay, phew. I wasn't. To keep it simple I was not in Sweden to see the sights or to the eat the food. I was here to be with someone, yes yes...Jenny is a romantic who wants to be written into a a grand novel. Who would have known? XD

The first couple of days was like living in a movie, woken up with breakfast in bed and the bright days ahead of us. We packed lunches, brought mini speakers, talked and laughed throughout the days. With nothing but time and a list of ridiculous things to cross off that we had made in the previous months. I felt like time was on my side and there wasn't anything in the world that could make this memorable event less than what it absolutely was. Of course all romantic trips have a bitter sweet ending and time who was once on your side slowly becomes the enemy.

Easter in a nutshell was beautiful, I never would have been one to say that this was possible since none of my Easters before this year was very memorable. This one was made perfectly, I was given an Easter egg hunt. (my very first one and maybe my last) I got a home cooked meal and warmth flourished in a way I could not possibly explain. It lingered and remained to this day.

I was going to share all the events that we did but to appropriately share them all would be a bit personal.

We tried to make a hot air balloon a couple of times but failed to do so, we wrote a song, made a podcast, cookies, cinnamon buns, cakes, tacos, club sandwiches, quesadilla (casedias >.< ), BBQ'd, read on roof tops, play guitar on a bus, went on a road trip, went bowling, golfing, enjoyed some live music, I learned how to play backgammon, built a fort, made wall art, I even went to class, built a space ship, visited a bird tower.....there is more I am sure and even had a date!



Travel videos: 
Oh I guess there is one more from the little science museum I had forgotten to post!


The days were lush, I was looking forward to falling asleep more than ever. Insomnia was warded off for the time being and I was able to enter the dream world with out any qualms. Waking up, knowing that I was alive, was a new excitability that I have long forgotten.

I am not going to post all the pictures of food that we made or the places that we went because they are all on facebook in an album that you can look at but I have added a couple other ones that weren't shared. Just to add to the effect of this blog post, well it is mostly for myself...when I have long forgotten the days long past and if they will stay in my memory forever or not.

Mulling over the end of this post is quite hard because I don't entirely know how to end it. I am unsure myself of how to write an ending to a story like this......

People are made in a way where they want to love like they'll never get hurt.

Though, there are no happy endings in a world of doubt. It isn't something we can instill in people...they run, they worry and most of all fear the things unknown. Faith is overrated and destiny doesn't exist in the way that contemporary fiction will write for our souls. So we are blessed with a short amount of time and are only given incidental seconds to grasp at what is only a flicker of a moment of bliss. Before you know it is a memory that lives only within your dreams.

Sweden was the country that I never wished to visit but now I can't imagine my past without it.


No comments:

Post a Comment