Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Working Holiday Visa for Germany 2015

Usually at the beginning of the year I write a blog post about the previous year and all that I am thankful for. This year I think I am going to tell you about what my future entails instead. (plus if you have been following along you already have an idea of the events that I am grateful for.) 
Jenny wants to go to Europe. 
Anyone who has talked to me in the past couple of months knows that this is my goal for 2015, this whole idea came to life when I was traveling in Taiwan the first time in October last year. After talking to so many travelers I became entranced with the infamous 'Euro-trip' (Come'on you've seen the 90s movie!') How can I not? I have always wanted to and when it came down to the deciding factor a guy asked me, ''Why don't you do it now?'' I was thinking can I do it right now or soon? Well, I had to handle my finances and settle my life in Tokyo then I would have to figure out the minor details. But heck, what am I waiting for?!

So there you have it, spring 2015! Jenny goes to Europe!! Waaaaaaaaaaa? No seriously. 

I want to travel through Europe visiting as many countries and friends along the way, as a Canadian I came across the problem that I must leave for 90 days before I can return. (180 days out of a year) So I thought to myself how can I solve this problem. A work visa in an European country!! That means that I would have a year in Europe and the possibility to work when I run out of money. 

As I looked into it, a working holiday or should I say (link) Youth Mobility in Germany is available for Canadians until the age of 35. As you can see from the previous post I made about visas for Canadians. I very funnily sent out an email in regards to more information on the application process and emailed the Switzerland office and found out that I am very eligible for a work visa there. :P (Sweden too, since I looked into a bit more extensively last year).

Here we have it, I am going through the steps to get my paperwork in order today and hopefully come spring I will be moving to Europe for a backpacking adventure before settling down in Berlin. 

Thanks for reading, stay tuned, Same bat time, same bat channel. More information.

No comments:

Post a Comment