Thursday, June 4, 2015

My 12 Traveling LIFE LESSONS

I am all about writing the listicles since they are more entertaining to write. :P I will write more about my travels but for now, ENJOY!

1. LUCK is a real thing! 

You don't have to always plan what will happen next, the universe will take care of you. That could be day trips out of town that you have never thought about planned for you, a rollerskating rally on the street or a free 5 day music festival on the day you arrive.


2. FRIENDS around the world will take care of you

I have been able to meet friends that I've shared a moment with in a another country. Seeing them again reminds me that anything really is possible.

Whether that be Polish people from Japan or A Dane from Thailand.

3. Money is not the END ALL BE ALL. 

Yes money buys you plane tickets and feeds you but for your soul all you need is good weather and good people (both of those are free)

4. Going HOME isn't a bad thing 

This took some time and serious thought. Although, when I go home I will face myself in the mirror and become the person I want to be tomorrow by letting go of who I was in the past.

5. Feeling AWESOME is a thing.

I never thought I would be able to walk through security faster than I do now, After 349838 flights you can totally figure what NOT to do. 

Sometimes I feel like I am invincible. 

6. Walking the talk "Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk" 

Well, I am all about putting it out there, talk about then do it. Share your plans, your stories about your ideas, this way the more people you tell the more real it becomes.

7. Take time and just LISTEN.

I talk a lot, I sometimes have to remind myself to sit back and just listen to people. I really love other people's stories. 

8. Be HONEST about how you feel. 

You never know when you will see someone again. So tell them how you feel. 

9. Do what you NEED to do when it needs to be DONE.

Don't waste time, just do it. Wanna travel, travel. Want to sleep, sleep. Need to cry, cry. Fall in love, jump. 

10. Life does have a SOUNDTRACK.

I have been obtaining new music along the way and whether it be at home, or somewhere new.  Life will always play a song for you. 

11. Take a BREAK.

Eat food, sleep in and reboot. I've done it, it helps. Just take some time off and just let things stand still. If this means staying up till 6am, sleeping in until 4pm and doing yoga at midnight whilst taking breaks to play guitar. Do what you need to keep your sanity. 

12. HELP PEOPLE along the way. 

I try my best to be helpful, kind and compassionate to everyone and all walks of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment