Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Screen Machine


Seeing a movie in Tarbert isn't easy, you can't since there isn't a theater. Unless you want to make a drive up to Stornoway and back which I am sure some people do. Last week we saw a sign saying that 'The Dark Knight Rises' was playing at the Screen Machine. I myself haven't seen a film in the cinema since The Avengers, I was mighty excited.

This mobile cinema takes mainstream films around rural and remote places in Scotland like Tarbert! Tickets were sold online mostly but you can still catch a couple at the door for £7 we all got to watch Batman kick some ass in a lorry no less. This is the Hebridean way since everyone was like 'its in the car park'.

I was thinking that it would be cold inside this blue lorry and that it would seat very few, when I walked in to my surprise it was exactly like a real cinema minus the popcorn. It was clean, comfy, warm and was equipped with surround sound speakers that rattled your insides if you sat near the front.

After doing some research I found out that the manager who runs the Screen Machine doesn't make any profit from this. Its is just to bring the people newly released films throughout the western isles and the highlands.


If you ever see the Screen Machine see if they have any tickets for sale, remember they do movies in 3D too.


1 comment:

  1. That is soooo neat!!! That movie is gonna rock yer socks Jen!! Call you soon Love N :)

    ReplyDelete