Friday, September 28, 2012

Hebridean Day Trip

After a most wonderful anniversary our flatmate wanted to go visit her favourite place. The hotel provides a staff car if you have a license to drive it.

On our way out we came across two fellas that were rocking out in the field, someone had a lot of fun with this. Next we saw giant wooden carvings from the Viking chess game (Lewis Chessman), Danny I got out of the car to take a closer look.

Making a pit stop for some snacks along the way at a local community shop which was filled with a varieties of goodies that you wouldn't find in Tarbert. One of my notable things was a mini wind turbine, since it is so windy on the Western Hebrides I would have thought for sure that there would be an abundance of wind turbines.
He looked so lonely.

Near Brenish somewhere,I promised that I would not disclose the exact location plus I slept during our drive up there. Was Vanessa's our French room mates favourite place on Lewis. Waves of magnificent measures due to the high winds crashed upon the rocks. I think we even saw a whale out in the Atlantic Sea.

Having some more time to kill we drove through a little town and passed  Cnip a camping/caravan site located on the beach. With kayak rentals and sorts of fun water sports, we crossed paths with wild deer!

Already on the road all of us thinking about dinner we drove up to Stornoway and then back to Tarbert. What a wonderful day, we avoided the rain until we left Stornoway. I hope you enjoyed the epic pictures of the ocean waves, I hope to return to this place again with the sea is clam and I could read a book without it catching a gust sending straight to the stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment