Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Day in Kobe

Kobe a port city with a huge European influence and a China town. I was really happy to see a China town, honestly I miss Chinese food. I love Japanese but there are days when I can really go for some Dim Sum, rice noodles, congee and some duck. I made sure to drag Karrie to a place that served Dim Sum, but it turned out to be ramen in a taishoku type of Japanese fusion with a couple pieces from the Dim Sum menu. Nothing like the authentic stuff but that is what you get when you try to get another countries food in a different country.


The last random stop after the street market, where I befriended a vendor with a guitar. A long rest in the park listening to a man practicing saxophone and walking along the pier.


On our way back to the station to head back to Osaka we passed an Owl cafe. Karrie had moral dispute about the treatment of these animals of prey. I agree that they should be able to fly free and be wild. It was still an experience for me where we paid 1000yen to spend an hour with these birds. I know there will never be a point in my life where I will ever be this close to an owl, or a hawk.

All in all a great day in Kobe.



No comments:

Post a Comment