Monday, July 7, 2014

Osaka- Universal Studios Japan

The picture here to the right is what I always thought of Osaka, the little brother of the rest of Japan.

He is a little more out there, a little more unique in speak and mannerisms. Visiting Osaka was something I had always wanted to do and most of all I was luckily to do it with a Japanese friend and my BFF.

So we were ready to take on Osaka without any hesitation. We took the night but in from Tokyo which took about 5 hours and we arrived at 6am. Trekked over to our cheap little hostel which I wouldn't recommend but sufficed for the time that were in Kansai since it was only $20 a night.

From there we mapped out some places that we wanted to visit and made sure we got photo opts of the things that make Osaka, well Osaka. I am going to skip those since the majority of them were shared on facebook and this post is going to be dedicated to USJ. I have never been to Universal Studios in the States so this was going to be a really interesting event.

Before I go ahead and start writing about all the things that USJ has to offer, Osaka has quite a few little sights as well that you can explore. We didn't make enough time to see everything so we made sure to hit up the Osaka Castle and the park that surrounds it.

We were able to learn quite a bit about the history and most of all I was really impressed by the usefulness of the floors that creek.As you can see the weather was fabulous while were there and the food was great as well.We made sure to make Okonomiyaki while were in Osaka!

Universal Studios cost 7000yen for a one day pass. The line ups aren't short but they move quickly. In the line ups they have TVs showing your most memorable moments with in the movies.

We were able to hit up Jurassic Park, Terminator, Back to the Future, Spiderman, a rollercoaster. There were many children rides but by the time we were done all the rides we were pretty much ready to head on out.

I know that I would love to head to the one in the California now. I am sure that the rides there would be fantastic. Sadly the Jaw's ride was closed this day, we also were a month too early for the Harry Potter exhibit. Actually, I was quite relived to find this out because I can't imagine how many people would have been there if we were there during the first month of that ride opening.

I recommend going!



No comments:

Post a Comment