Sunday, December 7, 2014

Jakarta to Yogyakarta



On my first night I teamed up with a fellow Canadian from Vancouver and a Brit who were going in the same direction. 

Jakarta has a lot of museums but all in all I was ready to start crossing off the things that were already on my itinerary. (there isn't a museum on my list) Jakarta lacks sidewalks and I wasn't really prepared to stay in this city for longer than I had to when I knew how much I wanted to see on the other islands. 

A direct train is about 8 hours and tickets can be anywhere from 150,000-500,000. ($15-$50 depending on class)  We even checked the cost of flights which was about 400,000 not including rides to and from the airports. 

From Gambir train station most of the tickets were sold out so we tried another train station (about 4km farther) we were in luck and were able to book tickets, remember book online. 

There are three types of tickets Executive, Business and economy. We were able to grab business class tickets via website and print them off at the station. The business class have food and drinks at transportation cost prices ($3) and they'll even try to sell you a pillow for 6000 ($0.60). 



To catch the 7:30am train today I gave my up my free breakfast at the hotel.

I remembered my Indonesian studying notes let's see how much I can learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment