Friday, December 19, 2014

Goodbye Indonesia

As I awoke this morning, I glided out of bed and stepped outside. I sat and smoked my last Indonesian clove cigarette and stared into the glistening pool. I knew that this was the moment that I had to make my peace and say goodbye. This was the beginning of an end, even though I have been coming and going for years it never gets any easier. My thoughts say that if it becomes easy that I am no longer living each moment as I should be. We live in the present moment loving each spontaneous development with an open mind. Most importantly we embrace these times with an open heart. 
Last night was heartfelt, during the days here I have been here meeting locals on the island. They have taught me about their lives, the Bahasa language and much more about kindness towards strangers. Their curiosity surpasses my own in some sense and I love their calm way of living. Although this maybe a an enhanced feeling due to a shortened amount of time here, I could envision myself living in this country for a long time.

Thank you harmony family for showing me hospitality and taking me into your family.

I arrived at the pier at 8:15am after my farewell with my lovely roommate. (I'll see you in Belgium) We shared our last cup of coffee together and it was time to depart this island. The emotions ebb and flow in unison with the sound of the ocean waves. 

Again another heartfelt good-bye!
I'll be back Indonesia, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment