Friday, December 5, 2014

Let's get to Singapore

I woke up well before my alarm clock, though I wished that I had slept in a little longer. Any extra sleep I could get before getting to the next destination is always greeted with snuggly bear hugs. (since I have terrible problems regulating good sleep patterns) 

The previous evening a group of us went out for pizza on a rooftop, at an Italian chain restaurant. They got 4 out of 8 pizzas right on the first try, you would think that we would have gotten something more than full priced food and long hungry wait. Luckily the company was friendly!

The reason I mentioned the previous evening is that I actually met someone flying  on same flight as me the following day. I just can't get over the rarity of this, it's just unheard of. We grabbed and gabbed on the bus ride together; to the airport. 

I got a little restless, hasty and hopped off at Terminal 2. Guess what?! That's not right. Time to take the mini skytrain to Terminal 1, we got two hours we will be fine. More than enough time. Skipped through checkin, Burger King, immigration, passed duty free and found out it was delayed 15 minutes. That's alright, then another 20 minutes...can't be helped right? 

As the Japanese girl next to me fills in her immigration form I wonder if I had fallen asleep since I didn't receive one. Either way let's ask the stewardesses, one by one they kindly said "I'll be right back with one" I don't know how many I asked, since no one returned I pondered to myself if I had asked at all. No no, I did ask and that last lady was #5. I started feeling like I was in a time loop. 

After I read my book I noticed the Japanese girl is gluing a crease into her eye lid with precision. How does this make me home-sick for Japan? Either way, her friend doesn't understand the immigration form and asked for help where the stewardess kindly grabbed a fluent Japanese speaker and returned in a flash. Where I asked #6 if I could get one of these cards. (I'm at the point where I don't WANT one anymore #.#)  

I finally finish filling out the form, cue crying baby. *makes zen gesture* I thought I was seeing little sparks of fire but as Carl Sagan says "it is radiating plasma in which the high temperature has stripped some electrons from their nuclei. Fire is not made of chemical elements at all." Strangely that made me feel better, oh science you never fail me. 

So much turbulence literally and mentality. Landing will be a slow process for me, it might be due time for a coffee and a smoke. 
Ps. Take your time packing a guitar, E strings are precious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment