Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Hiroshima Food!

I feel like I enjoyed the food enough to write a short post on it or better yet just post some photos!  :P
Tsukimen- awesome cold noodles usually served with cabbage next to a spicy sesame and miso like dipping sauce. When I was looking at the menu I instantly noticed that there are 30 degrees of hotness you can choose from. Not knowing how spicy each level was I was like...ummm 5. FYI 5 is like nothing. I tried my friend's 15 still alright. Next time 25... teehe. 
Hiroshima specializes in oysters you can get this in an assortment of dishes but we decided to order it on a bed of sauteed spinach. I can't remember why spinach is so rare here but damn it is yummy! 
Of course you can't go to Hiroshima without hitting up an okonomiyaki restaurant. This is a 'pancake' that is layered with many things and squeezed down to size. There is a pile of cabbage, pork slices, an egg and a piece of dough that one can say is the shape setter of the whole deal. Before WWII it was just made like a dough and eaten very much like a pancake but with sauce on top. (the sauce is savory btw) Only after the war was the noodles and even rice was thrown into the mixture, now with how popular it has become you can put any kinds of toppings on it. ex cheese, mochi, shrimp, veggies, etc. 

I threw in this picture because this was homemade food from my friend's mom just outside of Hiroshima. Lovely food and real matcha, my fav! 
age-momiji! Momiji is shaped like a maple leaf and is originally filled with sweet bean called anko, which I love. Only here on the island of Miyajima where they serve it deep fried with tea. I wouldn't eat it often but it was good! Again there are many falvours that you could get inside like custard cream. 
A close up of a negi (green onion) rice and soba okonomiyaki. Don't forget you can get Udon in it instead.

Happy drooling. Time to eat. Itadakimasu!!  いただきます!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment