Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Day in Hiroshima

Hiroshima castle, this is where we got to dress up as Samurai's and do a mini photoshoots. We found out that we were both born in the wrong era and I myself should have been a samurai. (I love katanas!) 
The beautiful city of Hiroshima, I love how many little rivers there are in this place. So many but this was the best one I could capture on 'digital' film. 

The place where the bomb exploded on August 6 1945 at 8:15am 600m above this building which is now the Hiroshima Peace Memorial. A very sobering place to visit. The museum next door is only 50 yen. Prepare tissues. 
Later on we went down the street with all the illuminations. It was lovely here and they had many themes, Disney, Halloween, Christmas and even pirate ships. It was a bust out all the lights we have festival. 
Yup like the ramen museum there is an Okonomi-mura a place filled to the tits with Okonomiyaki restaurants. Everything looks good and I can't tell the difference from one place to another. I was just floored by how cheerful and persuasive each stall was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment