Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Good-bye Hong Kong


As nice as it was to spend time with family I am sure in high spirits that I am making a move once again. I love Hong Kong but I can’t wait to leave the vicinity of my grandma’s words. This time I will be flying into Malaysia and then off to London. 

I know that this is very pre-emptive but Karrie and I have already planned out our next trip. We are going to travel to India , Egypt and hopefully do that all day trek on the mountains in Hong Kong under the tram cars we took yesterday.

The following year, Jenny goes to Japan with Asia (the person not the country). This has been the dream since I started watching anime, reading manga, learning Japanese when I was young and discovered that sushi is my choice of food. 

It has always been a heart wrenching moment in time when I board the plane at the Hong Kong airport, each time that I have got on the plane in HK I have headed home to Canada to connect with friends and loved ones. This time not only I am leaving my best friend it is an end of an era of my life. Not saying that I am not anticipating/excited/thrilled /excited and oh so overjoyed for the next part of the story. It is always hard to say good-bye.

I have learned and reflected on from the first time that I worked in Changchun, China was a test of my strength, bravery and the testing the waters of being abroad and so utterly far away from home. The second time I worked in Jilin, China not only was it a gruelling process of self discovery, mourning a broken heart and overcoming melancholy. I had become more cultured, re-educate myself on the facts of life and becoming in tuned with the true Jenny. The journey through 6 countries (Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Hong Kong, and Macau) after being reunited with my best friend I hadn’t seen in a year was something of a wonderful path of experience, love, honesty and most of spiritual growth I have ever made to the date. The progress that I have made in the last 20 months has been nothing short of astounding marks of accomplishments.   

I cannot accept the idea of moving past the place that I am now since it has been so good but I know that I would not be happy settling anywhere without knowing what else is in stored.  The magical wanderlust affliction activated an incredible source of voyage that has always resided within my core.
 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment