Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 1 in London

After a grueling 8 hours in the detainee room I was finally released, I literally ran through the baggage claim area straight out to the arrivals gate. There was a huge weight off my shoulders at this point knowing that I could finally breathe freely. 

Upon my arrival I stood there in absolute exhaustion (it had been about 30 hours since my departure in Hong Kong) waiting to be received and spotted by my dear friend Danny. (Again, I thank you for waiting at the airport for 12 or was it 14 hours...I owe you.) Greeted with the most enthused and relieving hug I think I have ever had we were off to the tube station.

From here luckily Danny had already booked us 3 nights at St. Athans hotel. I am glad that I did get the opportunity to use the three days we had planned even though we did not get to the number of things thereafter that I had been hoping to turn into reality. Until next time, this list will just have to grow ultimately longer.

I had planned to head off to Shy FX this particular evening but after dealing with everything mentioned in the previous blog it was just too much for me to do anything. I was even too tired to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment