Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 2 in London

Our hotel provided free breakfast with our accommodations and we were off for a day of plaque reading and exhibits. The first thing we did was head to The British Library, were I learned firsthand that I absolutely love the art form of hand written music making it all more remarkable since it was displays from infamous long passed composers. Does anyone out there write their own music? (there are no photos of this since they were very strict about the usage of my camera and drinking anything inside)










Right after that we were off to the British Museum; there I learned far too much to retain anything with my poor short term memory and the distraction of too many thoughts in my mind. I can’t even list the amount of exhibits that we saw. My favourite was the art gallery since I hadn’t been to a western one since I left Edmonton it was nice and refreshing to get to see one that isn’t just Eastern art work. When I return to England/Canada I shall be going as many art museums as I can make time for.  We saw tons of things from all the pills you take in a life time, wooden toys from Egypt, some of the shiniest blingin’ clocks evar, a tree built from AK47 pieces by Christian aid and the stupidest throwing knifes mankind  ever built. There was far more than this list alone but you mind as well just go take a look yourself.

A coffee later we were off to Oxford street, okay to be honest with you all I didn’t know what street had what on it. We did enter the large Apple store that might be as big as the Apple store in The Village in Beijing. We braved six storey toy store were Danny built his mother a bear of himself, along this street I think we hit up ever single book store in the vicinity and many more during our meanders. I do love my book stores it is really splendid when you have a partner that loves books as much as you do and isn’t opposed to going into the same types of stores over and over again. I can’t get bored in a book store but I can be sad that I shouldn’t buy anymore books since they sure aren’t light weight. 

Dinner was a random choice of Italian food just at a place that we walked by, I grabbed a plate of Gnocci and Danny ate an entire pizza to himself. Impressive. I didn’t realize how tired I was until I hit the bed of the hotel room, I was fast asleep. Where did my old friend insomnia go to?


No comments:

Post a Comment