Sunday, February 6, 2011

Arrival in Hong Kong


After our flight got delayed which wasn’t a big surprise we were off to Hong Kong. I didn’t think that we were going to face the cold quite like this. So when we were on Koh Samet it was about 25-30C the whole time. Even when we were in BKK we didn’t have to wear a sweater or even think about anything of the sort.
We got off the plane and started to feel loss of body heat very quickly.  As soon as the breeze hit us we wanted our winter gear. Everyone around us was dressed in winter clothes. (Boots, jackets, hats and mitts.) Now I realize that this is winter for the local people of Hong Kong. (FYI: 15C) I was mighty happy that my mother brought me my hoodie and jeans, I threw on my boots when we finally found a place to set down our bags. Burrrrr!!!!

Tonight was a nice night of reunions with my family, my great uncle and my mother came and picked us up at the airport. Meet up with my grandmother afterwards. Back to her place to get settled in and mom was in a hurry to cook us dinner.  Dinner conversation was us trying to teach Karrie Cantonese this was quite an entertaining evening to say the least. 

It was something of a really nostalgic feelings being back in the presents of family since this is the first time since I visited for a week back in August 2009. It has almost been a year and a half...wow. Feels like I haven’t seen them in millennia. My mom was more surprised that I recognized her before she even saw me walking up to her at the airport.

The feelings I have been facing for the last 24 hours have been overwhelming with dealing with people from the past, stirring up old emotions within. The universe sure has its own way of throwing things at us when we least expect it, sometimes we just can’t prepare for these kind of occurrences. I know that it is hard to explain this in detail, it is hard to let people grow/go and move on with their lives when I so dearly want to make amends with them so I can keep a part of them in my life.  Well universe I am going to leave it up to you since I pelage my allegiance to you a while back throwing good things my direction. 

Tomorrow is Chinese New Year’s and the festivities are going to be big I am sure. With lots of things planned for the next two days, I am sure that I am going to be exhausted when this week is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment