Thursday, February 10, 2011

Layover in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia airport

After saying my good-byes at Hong Kong airport to Karrie and my mother I became all sentimental, instantly thinking about all the great times had in the past 4 months. (darn you Newton Faulkner)

I met a nice girl born in Indonesia, family lives in Hong Kong and she works in Kuala Lumpur on the flight from Hong Kong to Malaysia. It was kind of odd she wasn't sitting there until the last leg of the flight. She commented on my drawing at the time and said that I should sketch professionally, that I could potentially make money at it. It was very kind of her to say that but I don't think my skills are adequate enough to make any sort of real money at it. (thanks mysterious girl who kept me entertained for the last hour of my flight) It seems like I always met one person that I talk to about something really random while in transit.

I have 5 and half hours to kill so this blog post is just me wasting time and doesn't really have much travel substance.

So after a short hunt for my gate I found out that I had to get on a bus to get to Gate G, after wards I wanted a coffee. Crap, they won't take any of my 6 different currencies...boo. Now I have 7 (Ringgit (MYR)).
O.O
I did get me a cafe mocha, woot woot and connected to a better wifi outlet from the coffee shop vs the ultra slow connection from the airport. Which by the way will only give you 2 hours of free internets, what are you suppose to do after your 2 hours are up?

Luckily I have 2 books, a laptop, my art book and the ipod. Phew?
*sigh*
Maybe I will get the chance to finish all the books that I have brought with me before I land. FYI: Haruki Murakami you are my hero <3 I love his writing he is a fantastically captivating novelist, after I finish this one that will be the 7th book of his I have read in the last 12 months. I am planning to read all of them! I love his work. enuff said.

So after I went about looking for the smoking room it was back in the building that I just came from so I had to hop back on the shuttle bus. I did however meet this guy going home to Rome after working in Australia for two years. He told me all about Italy since that is where he is originally from. (I checked his passport) I learned that he picked peaches, working in a fishing boat for next to nothing, managed a restaurant and is a photographer. It is always easy to pry and ask people tons of things when you meet someone at the airport.   Killed a good hour and a half talking to him before we both decided that sitting the smoking room was kind of gross. (even though we all know that they always are)

I haven't done much, I don't have enough energy to do much than type and reading is wearing me down I hope that I can catch some shut eye before I land. Gezzzzz.....this is going to be a long flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment