Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 3 in London

First thing first breakfast but we had slept in and didn’t make it to the free meal that the hotel provides for us. So we grab some burgers at a sit down restaurant. (I never did get a whopper)

We wanted to watch a film and not over exert ourselves too much since yesterday was so eventful and jam packed with sightseeing and we were in lazy mode. Off to watch a movie after uncertainly walking about from street to street we finally found the movie theatre that we were looking for. 




Okay, tid bit of information there seems to be cinemas and theaters at every corner near the piccadilly circus station it was very misleading and oh so confusing. I felt like I was walking around and around in circles for a little bit. 

While in search for our particular cinema I found a freaken Tim Horton’s!!! So I was all ready with my cup of Tim’s at the counter, the odd thing about this was not only was it connected to a convenient store it was out of those self serve coffee dispensing machines.  It is okay though since it tasted just as good as if it was brewed in Canada. Mind you I haven’t had one since Sept 2009. I always thought that Tim’s was a Canadian chain now I know next time I am in London Tim Horton’s isn’t something that I am going to miss. 

We saw the movie ‘True Grit’ a very western movie not exactly something I would go out and see but the company was extraordinary so who cares what I am watching. I wasn’t in London to watch movies anyways.
Since I found that this movie was kind of lacking in something I am not sure what? And the night was still young. We very quickly got spammed with a flyer for a comedy show around the corner. We were like, “Why not?” so around the corner we went, upon arrival drink vouchers were given to us 3 drinks for the price of 2. So we got 3 beers and 3 glasses of white wine. Now that I come to think about it, it has been far too long since I have attended a comedy show.  I should do it more often. I laughed pretty darn hard I do have to say so myself, Inky Jones I believe his name was and his guest show were downright hilarious. (I don’t believe I have the name of the comedian correct...Umm, Danny do you remember?)  

Again, I was fast asleep shortly after hitting the bed. (Good-bye insomnia?)


No comments:

Post a Comment