Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Delft (Reunions are beautiful)

I have been a little behind on my blog writing, Europe is whirlwind of events. Uncountable and hard to document in a manner where I can come close to keeping up. Thanks for reading if you have seen any in passing.

I can’t explain how thankful I am of all the events that have taken place. From Poland->Denmark->Germany->Denmark (yes you read that twice, you'll get that story later)->The Netherlands and now I am on board the train to Antwerp, Belgium.

I was greeted with a wonderful reunion hug and a friendly face! Tim picked me up at Eindhoven airport. He helped me find the cheapest and fastest way over, thank god for local help! He my stay in Delft super lax.

We took the train from Eindhoven to Delft, I got a nice chat whilst watching the scenery and getting the down low on the provinces of Netherlands. A little history and some tidbits of what is Dutch.
The following day we went to the Market in the town square, we grabbed some breakfast and wandered around and I got to see the hubbub of Delft.
 IMG_3505IMG_3469IMG_3475
The canals we walked along were filled with lily pads and there were all the little Dutch things that I would have expected to see. Although I have been to Amsterdam a couple years back it was really nice to see something outside of the capital.
IMG_3473IMG_3476

I was able to learn about how to pronounce some Dutch words but I cannot remember them all. Dutch isn't easy but Dutch people are very helpful and kind. Yes Tim, I am going to tell everyone from here on out that I have a wonderful impression of Dutch people.

Where was I?? Oh yes, we went bouldering I don’t believe that this has anything about being in the Netherlands but it was my first time. Hey, new country, new hobby….why not?!
IMG_3487
After Tim cooked dinner (he made me homemade pasta!) we were off to smoke some shisha in Rotterdam. I was able to meet his best friends and share guffaws of laughter with more locals while just relaxing and passing by some of the interesting architecture of the city. I would like to come back here and The Hague in the future.
IMG_3496IMG_3511
Thank you Tim, I had a fantastic time. *hugs* I will see you in India. 

No comments:

Post a Comment