Monday, July 13, 2015

Antwerp, Belgium (Reunions are beautiful)

I left the Netherlands from Rotterdam via the train to Antwerp, this was a very quick ride over. I really have to state how much I love Europe. Everyone over here is so lucky that all the countries are so close.

My jealous of the size of all the countries supersedes everything else. The availability and access to see different countries hours from each other. Silly Canada is so big!
Traveling through Europe has been my largest cost but I can't honestly say that because I have been very lucky and I have yet to stay at a hotel/hostel. So I have been able to save a lot in accommodations. (This is made mentioned to all those people who asked me how I am able to travel through Europe so easily) I know some people think I'm made of money :P

Enough ranting, my dear friend Liesbeth who I met in Indonesia, Gili Air and spent one of the best weeks of 2014.

She happily picked me up from Antwerp station (yes, it is quite an astounding station when you're coming up the escalator) and we were off! 

I hadn't even spent an hour together and off to the colour run! (I'll write another post about that soon!) 

The following day, her friends were kind enough to show me around town!


I am super thankful that I had such amazing guides, knowledgeable and super friendly. I wish I had more time to hang out in Antwerp! Next time for sure! 
Even though it rained I had a fantastic time, I quickly fell in love with this city. 

We visited the cathedral, city hall, the red light district, shopping district, ate mussels, walked passed the university area, the Mass for the view, ate Belgian waffles and even had a night out. I really crammed in a lot of stuff in the three days that I was here. 

Thank you so much to the Liesbeth and the Belgium team! It was so freaken fun, I AM coming back! You guys really made me feel like it was home. 

I really want to live in this city. I can't pinpoint exactly when and how but I really loved it here. I want to see more of Belgium! Actually, I am sure that I will. Don't wait up for me I'll be back very soon :P

No comments:

Post a Comment