Thursday, July 23, 2015

Ride share in Europe and a very awesome airbnb host :)

I already knew that ride share existed but since I was having people pick me up at stations I figured it was best to give people a time and destination for my arrival. Which is why I haven't used it until now. It would just make it simpler. 

This point I really wanted to start saving money and see what it was like to do it in Europe. 

So from Iserlohn to Brussels was 64€ per person on the DB, instead we got a ride from Dortmund to Brussels for 36€ making it only 18€ each! 
This is one of the cathedrals in Dortmund :) The town centre was quiet and the train station was really the most lively place around.

He picked us up at the station and we were off. Our driver wasn't over the top in any way and was kind enough to share his story of how he was dating a girl who lived in Germany. He, himself lived in Brussels. 

He was kind enough to drive us to our airbnb place and upon our next check point we were greeted with a very warm smile. Anass is a student and was more than happy to stay up to wait for our late check-in, since we didn't get into Brussels until 1:30am.

He gave us beer, sushi and a tour of the place. I really liked him from the moment we started chatting online and I was right about how open he was about his house. 
A great start in a new city. 

Whoop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment