Monday, May 4, 2015

Wanderlust's recap.

I re-read over old blogs….I seem to always do this when I am on the plane and I don't know how long I will be gone for or what is going to happen to me in the upcoming weeks. I'm doing this because for me it reminds me that I have been in this very situation many times and that I will continue to do this.

A quick self reminder that I can do it, there is nothing to be worried about, stop letting that nagging voice get in the way of seeing it through to the end. I usually can silence this voice in my mind after a little hassle, phew there it is again.

I think over the major events in my life, leaving Edmonton and teaching English in China (twice!), buying a one way ticket to Thailand to meet my best friend Karrie and ended up backpacking through 6 countries (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Hong Kong and Macau). The end of that trip was a defeating one getting deported from London, Heathrow back to Vancouver, Canada. at least the flight was free...

I obtained a 2 year working holiday visa for the UK, moving from England to the Hebrides, Scotland where the sheep outnumber the people, faced more than a few bumps along the way until finally settling in London, then one last pit stop home for a close friends’ wedding before my working holiday year in Japan.

From Japan I was lost on what the next step would be, I traveled to Sweden, Korea, Taiwan and lastly Indonesia before settling in Taipei, Taiwan. Making it my temporary home before the Eurotrip was born.

These are all the major life changing things that has happened to me, this isn't to boast or anything like that. This is just me reflecting on what really changed in my life, friends, environment, resulting in many alternative lifestyles.

I am aware that there is strength gained in facing adversities and going through tough times, whether it be heartbreak, being homesick or just lost in cultural confusion. I have been able to come out on top. *knocks on wood* I don't know why we let those nagging voices leak out of our psyche to poison our goals.

I have been looking for the place that I belong (some people say it comes from within and I don't doubt that this plays a part) I travel alone. Facing forward, there is something new that is about to happen which is why I am writing this post (minus all the little things that have already happened…impossible to count them on my fingers and toes!) I deem myself lucky to have done what I have and not to say that I have regretted a single moment.

Would I trade it all to silence the whispers in my head telling me that I need to be responsible, obtain stability and settle down. No, but I need to find something that will calm the nerves because every second I spend worrying about thinking about this is a second lost. I wish to evolve free from society's expectations (status quo).

I got to live like there is no tomorrow because one day this will be true. Dance like no one is watching, Sing like I'll never be heard, love like I’ll never be hurt…in my mind if I  don't I am holding back from being my eccentric wobbly self.

I want to live freely, I want to love honesty, I want to live like I am going to die tomorrow. That is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment