Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Kraków

Arrival at the main station after a 3 hour train ride I overcome with a quiet calm and little dash of bustle at the same time, if that's even possible.
We walked to the old town through a park where we enjoyed my first polish pretzel and looked around, I was smiling about the good weather since I arrived. It's not too hot not too cold. The breeze is refreshing and the smell of pastries is everywhere. 
There was delightful people dressed up and little polish nick nacks that you could buy. I figured that this was an excellent tourist hub. Did I mention that this this place is chalked full of history and culture! I couldn't even bare to retain all the information but I enjoyed learning all about it. 
Jewish district. Kazimierz in Polish.
In Jew town there was old shops like grocery stores, tailor, shoe makers that have been converted into a restaurant. 

The area had a cemetery, synagogues and lots of additional buildings I've forgotten. My most mentionable was these pen face sandwiches. A brilliant invention that should be sold all over the world, I thought: 'why don't we sell these at home?' 

Afterwards we wandered back to old town to vendor window shop and grab some food.  Thanks to Monika's friend we had a place to stay. The video I'm going to put together will have more details about Kraków. 

If your ever in Poland I love this place! I highly recommend it. (Almost even took a teaching job here:P)
Seriously awesome open face sandwich, stay tuned for the movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment