Tuesday, May 31, 2011

In Motion All Day

Sasquatch -> Seattle

We were up at 6:40am about 30 minutes later than we were planning to get up, packed our tents and sleeping bags stuffed them back into our backpacks. This didn't take nearly as long as I thought it was going to, our neighbours and many others had already disappeared in the middle of the night.  Last stop coffee, because we had to keep up with our tradition of going in the shop every single time we pass it and we did. By 7:15 am we were on the road back to Seattle.

Seattle -> Greyhound station

Dropped off the Ford Focus at Avis around 10 am after filling up the car, we made some good time today now off to find the greyhound station. Lucky for us it wasn't far away at all, if I remember correctly it was only about 6 blocks away. As we were waiting at the station for our bus to arrive my head phones broke, I don't know why this always happens to me, last time this happened it was right before I got on the plane from Vancouver to Edmonton. I have shit luck with headphones I should have known. I went on a mission to find head phones walked all the way downtown Seattle to find a Radio Shack. Joe at RS was very helpful and sold me noise canceling headphones that were on sale, mission accomplished. Thanks Joe and the 3 people I asked for directions.

Crossing customs States -> Canada

After stopping at several drop off cities along the way to the boarder we finally made it to customs. I was last in line but that didn't matter after we got on the bus someone else on our bus got held up for about an hour. People were becoming impatient us included, in the end I was thankful that the person made it through I know how much it sucks to be stuck in immigration. A scary purgatory.

Arrival in Vancouver

We made it into Vancouver at 7pm which was when we had planned to be departing to victoria on a ferry. Now from here I checked when the next ferry was that was 9pm there was no way I was going to two skytrains, a bus and then a ferry to only get in a car after the day we had. Time to find a hostel C&N hostel to be precise they just happened to have a flyer at the greyhound/via rail station. It turned out to only cost us $50 for the both of us....a pretty good deal.

A walk to the hostel

Now to relax and find a shower............ahhhhhhhh that feels much better. Washed away all that festival grime. Now to build a fort, adventure down through China town to hobo central (Hastings) to only end up at Subway for a massive sandwich, root beer and yummy cookies. I ate my awesome meal form the top bunk whilst watching friends. When life is like this you sure have to wonder why people complain.

Time for some serious ZZZZzzzZZZzZZzZZZzzZZzzZZZZZZZzzZZZZzZ........

No comments:

Post a Comment