Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 3: SASQUATCH

We woke up.  Mosied around...I decided I needed to brush my teeth so I was a hobo no longer. I tried to utilize the trailer showers they had there but the woman's line up was forever long. I literally did a 360 when I arrived and saw the lineup. Danny pressed onwards with the 'Self-realization' book that we had obtained the first day. Mosied some more....made it to the coffee stand and a brownie! (I felt a little sick after this)

First stop : Banana Shack. We caught the tail end of HARI KONDABOLU, who was very funny. Then TIM MINCHIN, which was a treat for both of us as neither of us had ever expected to him live. Naturally, he was good. <3 'Prejudice'

Yay! Tim Minchin


Next we saw REGGIE WATTS, a man with a giant afro who beat boxed. He was good, but we were further away since I was engulfed in this picture that I had started. I missed CITY AND COLOUR but I'll have you know that I did finish this drawing. Danny says they were both pretty good- a little mellow than most.       


Wandering over to the main stage, we caught the end of COLD WAR KIDS before going dancing to the irresistible FLOGGING MOLLY. What a brilliant live band.

<3 Flogging Molly


We returned back to the Banana Shack to do crosswords to some house beats courtesy of GOLD PANDA, before a nachos hunt brought us back to the main stage in time for FLAMING LIPS. For some reason Sasquatch got to have another birthday mid-way through set. (showing the same cake and singing the birthday song again.) this time the Lips front man shared the cake by throwing it at the crowd. So rock and roll.
Gold Panda

Flaming Lips

MODEST MOUSE is on soon. We are both very excited.

The drawing that I needed to finish.
Sneaking through the crowd in search of a good vantage point, we met some people who kindly donated their spot on the non-VIP front row to us. (YAY, for awesome people) There was some idiot girl next me asking me and snarling facial remarks about me leaning on her, she continued to demand personal space. In a front spot- this is unheard of - clearly retarded. Its okay though she eventually moved away from us.
The sunset at the Gorge

Anyway, Modest Mouse; whoah <- those were Danny's words I think I made a very similar exasperated noise that could not be formed into a word. Their energy and delivery is incredible, as is the range of instruments: trombones, trumpets, tubas, accordions and two drum sets. At one point they were all present.

I believe Danny goes on a huge fanboy rant about the play list of all their songs, encore songs and how happy it made him that they played at least a handful if not all his favourites. I was just happy that he was happy, not saying I'm not a fan of Modest Mouse I've been listening to them since I was 18 they have made their dent in my life with their tunes. I do want to make mention to them playing 'Dramamine' since we listed to it on the drive to The Gorge and a song sent to Danny via email way back in the day. Its sentimental value is growing exponentially.


Modest Mouse!


What another mind blowing evening of live music.

No comments:

Post a Comment