Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 4 : SASQUATCH

I couldn't believe that this weekend flew by so quickly, then again we all know that time just blinks by when you are having a good time with good company. Today I really felt the impact that this music festival is having on my body. [there is also a 1.5 mile journey x 2 per day x 4days (dancing) = exhaustion]

We started today by packing what we could so we could drive back to Seattle in the morning. With a coffee in hand (fyi: we walked pass this coffee place twice and a day and I believe we bought a coffee every time minus the first evening 8 coffees x2 ) and some spicy pizza that I swear Danny was in love with we were off to stand in the line. When we made it through the first band we went to go see was THE AXIS OF AWESOME. I myself have never heard of them before today, I do have to say they sure were entertaining. Who doesn't like a band with Jack Black, Chris Rock/Tucker and Chicken Little?

Axis of Awesome

Danny suffered from a sunburn on his arm and what we were told is a North American 'grass rash' since he sin't allergic to the grass in Europe. He mental magic defeated it for the good of the show and so he could enjoy the rest of the day. Off to the main stage to catch the end of CHROMEO, there sure were a lot of fans.

Food run.

After standing in a never ending water line I was off to grab some chicken strips + quesadillas, on my way back to the spot it started to rain. In attempts to save our food from getting soaked whilst being pelted by rain I got BBQ sauce all over my new Modest Mouse t-shirt. :(

On next was RODRIGO Y GABRIELA on the main stage. WOW, she sure knows how to play that guitar like no other. The band !!! were highly recommended by our new found friends we had met at before the Modest Mouse show. The singer turned out to be the most eccentric out of everyone that I have seen this weekend. He flashed us his nipples whilst doing a runway walk after stealing a flag for a cape and a sailors hat just cause. This was only the beginning of his show. FYI: the band is pronounced 'chk chk chk' We then caught some dub step at the banana shack before taking a peak at THE DECEMBERISTS. Their acustic mellow songs had us wandering back to the Banana Shack to catch SKRILLEX, woohooo more dubstep. I am very surprised to find out that not only has dubstep has found its way into the music scene so quickly it also has caught on like a forest fire.

During Skrillex my friend Jaylien that I haven't seen since I left my old hospital job right before I went on my epic adventure to Asia found me in a crowd. Seriously!? Within all those people she picked me out it was great to see her, since we were suppose to meet up and camp together but never meeting up since our cell phones were dead and there were so many more people there than I had anticipated. Who would have thought on the last day she would find me I had given up hope of running into her by this point of the festivial.

DEEHUNTER were playing right accross from the Banana Shack so off to the Yeti stage. Now the last band of the weekend was WILCO, either of us know any of his songs and we both were aware of the fact that we had to head back into Seattle early in the morning. Back to camp.

What a freaken awesometastic weekend.

Summer has offically started, I can't wait to see A Perfect Circle, Sublime and I just found out that Gabriel and Dresden are going to play at Boonstock. Before that happens good old North Country Fair...I might even sneak in Motion Notion in July. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment